Every new day brings fresh trends in this modern era irrespective of the ongoing ones and the outcomes of the new entrant. Although this affects the associated businesses of trends being replaced, but at the same time, it open fresh doors of opportunities as well with a hope to remain in vogue for a considerable time. One such trend which has taken the global market by storm is of On-Demand Food Delivery apps like Zomato, Uber Eats and many more. Let’s take and insight of how such food delivery app are developed.
How An On-Demand Food Ordering App Works:
- A specific amount is charged from the restaurant owners in order to list themselves on the platform.
- The users can choose what they want to eat from the available menu and order the same from the app itself.
- Once a customer orders something, a notification is received by the restaurant after which they can accept or reject it according to the availability.
- Once a customer orders something, a notification is sent to delivery person as well, which they can accept or skip.
- The orders are easily traceable by the customers real-time through the application.
- A specific amount is paid to the delivery person for every successful delivery.
- Subscription: Restaurant owners enlist themselves on the platform by paying a specific subscription amount. Option of premium subscription is also available for customers for which they have to pay some amount.
- Commission: The platform keeps its own margin in each order, taking it in total from the restaurant after a specific period. This commission can vary from 5-20%.
- Advertisements: Premium listings can be made available for restaurants which they can purchase for their marketing and advertisement. These appear as sponsored ads whenever customers open the app and thus attract the users’ attention directly.
- Owners of the Platform
- Restaurant Partners
- Delivery Partners
- Application for the Customers
- Application for the Restaurants
- Application for the Delivery Partners
- Overall Access to the Administrators of the Platform
Key Features for Customers’ App and Website:
- Create an account
- Sign in
- Search by Food/Restaurants/Cuisines
- Menus of Restaurants
- Choose items and add/remove from cart
- Opt for discounts (if any)
- Online Payment Options
- Real-time tracking of order
- Ratings and Reviews
- Order History
- Option to save multiple addresses
Key Features for Restaurant Partners’ App and Website:
- Manage and Update Menu
- Manage available items
- Save and Update Settings
- Manage modifier
- Update store hours
- Order history
- Received Payment History
- Deposit History
- Access to Ratings and Reviews
- Update Restaurant Discounts
- Revenue Calculator
Key Features for Delivery Partners’ App:
- Create and account
- Sign in
- Create Profile
- Orders History
- Earnings Calculator and History
Key Features for Platform Administrators:
- Manage Customers
- Manage Restaurant Partners
- Manage Delivery Partners
- Manage Ratings and Reviews
- Real-time Analytics
- Financial Details
Overall Development Aspects:
- Web App Development
- Mobile App Development
- Backend Development
- Third Party Services
This is where our role comes up. An app-development team of professionals is required to carry out all the necessary plans and act accordingly to create the desired app and website like Zomato, UberEats, Swiggy, etc.
For more information or queries about the same, visit our website or contact us at email@example.com and we would be glad to assist.