What is Node.js?
- Node.js is an open source server environment
- Node.js is free
- Node.js runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
What Can Node.js Do?
- Node.js can generate dynamic page content
- Node.js can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- Node.js can collect form data
- Node.js can add, delete, modify data in your database
What can you do with Node.js
Early on, we made a passing mention of possible Node.js use cases. Now, we can explore this topic in detail. You know that the bulk of the technology’s popularity falls to the backend development. Frontend, as well as full stack usage of the tool, falls behind a bit. According to the latest survey made by Node.js Foundation, web applications are the top use case with the share of 85%.