TikTok is a social networking application that allows people to generate their own short videos and lip sync with popular audio clips. Using the tools built into this app, users can create and upload short unique videos and even remix existing videos. A user can do all of the narration in the 15-second video. The app also captures the fun and memorable moments and also allows the user to comment on and watch videos uploaded by other users.
Who are the founders and how did TikTok come to life?
Musical.ly was an app that has been gaining popularity in recent years. It allowed users to create videos with background music and other audio clips. People used the app to create lip sync videos and dance to dialogues and songs. The app had over 100 million users and featured many new social media influencers. It was working well until November 2017, it closed.
A Chinese company called Bytedance, which published TikTok in 2016, acquired Musical.ly. After the agreement, all Musical.ly users are automatically switched to the new application presented to them: TikTok. Bytedance generated revenues of $ 2.5 billion last year but has yet to reach a profitable market position. In 2018, TikTok was the most downloaded application in 2018 and had 40 million downloads over a three-month period. Like Instagram and Facebook, TikTok has also made its “musers” popular.
Salient Features of TikTok:
- Facial Recognition: This feature enables high-speed image capture and perfect facial feature matching for all cute, cool, silly, goofy, and outrageous expressions and entertains the users in many ways.
- Quality: The app loads instantly and has a smooth interface. It does not lag, each detail is displayed perfectly.
- Mobile Studio: It is a perfect combination of artificial intelligence and image capturing. It includes rhythm synchronization, special effects, and advanced technology to provide the best user experience.
- Music Library: It has a massive music library which one of the TikTok clone apps has and you get fresh editor’s pick daily.
There are many apps like Dubsmash and Lasso recently launched by Facebook that are on the market to compete with TikTok. However, according to a story on TechCrunch, Apple has removed VoIP application clones from the App Store. The App Store review guidelines clearly state that you cannot launch the same application more than once. Unfortunately, some developers are releasing multiple versions of the same app to use different names, keywords, and categories to increase downloads and revenue.
So using the readymade script is never the answer. It is important to maintain the uniqueness of your application to remain competitive.
Why should you choose Omninos Solutions to build an app like Musical.ly or TikTok?
- Easy Customization: Our app script is 100% customizable and supports a number of unique video-based media platforms. Based on your idea, we will customize the app for you.
- Scalable and clean Design: We deploy clean coding practices and use state of the art app container technology to build a robust social video sharing or dubbing software solution.
- Localization and multi-currency: Wherever apps are published and whatever currency is preferred, Coruscate can provide a custom app like Musical.ly or TikTok for a global version.
- Security: Our designed apps are not only robust and scalable but also secure.