The popularity of video streaming apps peaked after the launch of the TikTok app. It is a platform where people can share their dance moves, synchronize their lips with music tracks, and share them on the platform. This app gives a creative boost to people looking for a constructive platform to showcase their talents. Formerly known as Musical.ly, the app has been redesigned and relaunched as TikTok. This colossal music community has established itself and is one of the fastest-growing mobile apps in the world. At present, the application has reached a milestone of 150 million daily active users.
What can you do in the app?
Most users synchronize their lips with their favorite songs, create a video, and upload it to the app. It also allows users to interact with other users. These videos can be spiced up by changing the background or by using special filters/effects and fun stickers.
This app also allows users to view millions of videos shared by other users in various relevant categories such as serious, funny, informative, creative videos, and much more. This app also allows you to add more than 100 facial filters and emoji stickers to the video and you can cut, cut, merge, and duplicate the video clip.
To recreate this formula of success, many entrepreneurs have turned to the development of a TikTok cloning application. Cloning applications are a skeleton framework of the original application and can be widely customized. Contractors can create any other video sharing application, such as the Musical.ly cloning application or the Dubsmash cloning application with the necessary functionality and customize it to the required specifications.
Overview of TikTok: statistics and trends
According to the American research firm Sensor Tower, TikTok’s revenues have tripled by more than 275% since 2017. The largest market for TikTok is Asia and it is creating several viral trends across the continent. TikTok was downloaded 45.8 million times in the first quarter of 2018 and currently has the sixth most downloaded application on Play Store and AppStore.
Features and Functionalities in an app like TikTok
- Simple user interface: The only success of the application lies in providing a simple user interface to users without creating problems. The application should be easy to use and practical. The launch source for the app lists some new and trendy videos. There is a separate section that contains specific recommendations for each user regarding the video they are currently viewing.
- Filters: There are various tools available in the app like TikTok as well as augmented reality effects and much more. These effects are eye-catching and easy to use so that users can fully enjoy them. Special effects include dancing with hip hop songs, hair coloring, 3D stickers, and accessories.
- Social Characteristics: As the app allows users to interact with each other, Duets is an exciting social feature that allows the user to record and upload a particular video.
- Original Sound: An application like TikTok allows its users to use their original sound when creating the video. This allows the user to show the full potential.
- Music Library: Massive endless music available in the library for users to sync or dance.
Social Sharing: The app allows users to share videos across multiple social media platforms to reach a wider audience. They can also post to Facebook or Instagram to increase their popularity.
- Wrapping-Up: The list above includes the list of attractive features that will be integrated into the TikTok cloning application. As an entrepreneur, you can customize the application according to your needs.